- Fact 2 - The word "bible" comes
from the Greek word biblia, meaning books.
- Fact 3 - It was written by at least
40 different authors, in about 20 occupations, living in 10
countries spanning about 6000 miles
- Fact 4 - It was written in Hebrew,
Aramaic and Greek by some prophets, some fishermen, a tax
collector, a herdsman, a philosopher, a doctor, a king, a
statesman and a rabbi.
- Fact 5 - 2,930 different characters
are featured in the Bible.
- Fact 6 - The KJV of the Bible
consists of 66 books. There are 73 books in the Catholic Bible
(the extra 7 books are mainly histories).
- Fact 7 - The Bible is divided into
two parts - the Old Testament and the New Testament
- Fact 8 - Old Testament is the
first 39 books
- Fact 9 - The New Testament consists
of 27 books
- Fact 10 - The Holy Bible contains
- Fact 11 - It contains 773,692 words
- Fact 12 - It contains 3,566,480
- Fact 13 - The Largest Book is
- Fact 14 - The smallest book is 3
- Fact 15 - The Bible focuses on
Jesus Christ. The Old Testament looks forward to His coming and
the New Testament details His life on Earth and looks forward
for His coming again.
- Fact 16 - The Bible was divided
into chapters by Stephen Langton in 1228. The Old Testament was
divided into verses by R. Nathan in 1488 and the New Testament
by Robert Stephanus in 1551.
- Fact 17 - There is one book of
prophecy and it is Revelation, written by the apostle, John
- Fact 18 - The average time to read
the following books is as follows: Revelation - 34 minutes,
Luke - 85 minutes and Philemon just 1 minute.