- Fact 3 - These attributes are
supported by people of the early Jewish, Christian and Muslim
- Fact 4 - In the Christian religion,
a definition of God is the eternal being that created and
preserves the universe.
- Fact 5 - In the Islamic religion
God (Arabic Allah) is an all-powerful and all-knowing creator,
sustainer, ordainer and judge of the universe.
- Fact 6 - In the Christian religion
God is understood as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Fact 7 - The Holy Trinity - God,
the Father, is supreme; that Jesus, although still divine Lord
and Savior, is the Son of God; and that the Holy Spirit is God's
will on Earth
- Fact 8 - Bible is believed to
be the inspired word of God, Godís message to humanity.
- Fact 9 - The word "God" appears in
every book of the Bible except Esther and Song of Solomon
- Fact 10 - In the Bible the word
"God" occurs 4,370 times, the word "Jehovah" occurs 6,855 times
and the word "Lord" occurs 7,736 times
- Fact 11 - The word Religion comes
from Latin 'religare' meaning 'to bind', describes our
connection to God as the One thing which exists.
- Fact 12 - Most believers allow for
the existence of other, less powerful spiritual beings, and give
them names such as angels, saints and demons
- Facts 13 - Monotheism holds the
belief that there is only one God, and/or that the one true God
is worshipped in different religions under different names.
- Facts 14 - Deism holds that God
exists, but does not intervene in the world, answer prayers or
cause miracles to occur.
- Facts 15 - Theism holds that God is
simultaneously infinite but also present in the affairs of the